Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Getting Stronger - One Day At a Time

I was really scared to try Beachbody's P90X3 workouts. For one, it's a 90 day commitment! For two, I'm weak! I can't to pull-ups! And I've only ever been able to do "girl push-ups!" I can't do that!

But the 21 Day Fix hadn't come out yet, and my coach had a challenge group starting right away. So, I fought my fear and signed up. 

Now I'm in the thick of it. Just finished my 3rd day, in my 2nd week! 10 days in all! And I'm loving it. 



Usually, when I workout, I'm dead for the rest of the day. I usually workout at night so I can go right to bed after. But with these thirty minute workouts, I find I'm energized afterward. In fact, the few times I've waited to workout at night, I've had a hard time falling asleep after! 

Plus, I'm getting stronger! I can hold my stomach in longer and flatter. I can feel muscle tone. I've lost 2% body fat! And 2 inches off my waist! 

My goal isn't to lose weight. At least no more than a few pounds. But I do want to lose about 15% body fat. Muscle is heavier then fat, this is why I don't know if I need to lose weight. 

What I do know is that I'm having a lot of fun! And should it be fun? 

If you want to see more, follow me on Instagram!  

No comments:

Post a Comment