Sunday, October 6, 2013

Time to Change Outlooks. Or, I'll Just Find a New Doctor.

As I stated in my last post, I'm Gluten Free. I was so excited after I read all the books about the links to MS and food! I couldn't wait to talk to my doctor about it all. I even brought my books and cookbooks to our annual appointment.

Boy was I deflated quick enough. He didn't even let me finish my sentence. It's just somebody's hypothesis, he said. He didn't want to know how I felt after making dietary changes. Lifestyle changes. Didn't care to look at the books I had lugged in my bag. Didn't want to know that I actually felt the difference. 



The first time I met him he went on and on about how healthy I was for someone who has had Relapsing Remiting Multiple Sclorosis for 15 years! I kind of thought he might like to know what my secret was. 

So. My yearly appointment is coming up and frankly, I don't want to go. 

I want to find someone who believes in a healthy life style and not just medications. That doesn't mean I would stop taking my shots. Heavens no. The do help. But it's not all I do. I'm just not sure there is someone like that out here. In the frozen north. 

No comments:

Post a Comment